Glass Roofs Description
Insulated glass roofs use a thermo pane – double pane sealed glass panes. Typically the panes are made of tempered (safety) glass or laminated glass.The support structure is thermally broken so cold will not be transferred through the frame.
Insulated glass not only could save energy power, also it can get sound insulation. This kind of IGU can enhance a window's thermal insulation up to 3 times resulting in reduction of energy consumption of up to 75% compared to a single glazed unit.
Where to use these glass:
curtain wall, external wall, entrance and door, storefront glass, office glass partition, glass foof, skylight, fence, sunshine room, greenhouse, etc.
This is used for sunrooms and enclosured roofs. The insulated glass panes – thermo panes – are offered in clear, low emissivity glass, inert gas filled and a variety of spacers and many other options.
1. Heat-treated to be stronger and more durable than standard annealed glass-upper to five times stronger of equal thickness.
2. Heat resistant, making it an ideal choice for many dry projects.
3. Break into small pieces rather than large shards.
4. often used where standard glass pose a danger.
5. Tempered glass cannot be cut or drilled after tempering.