Clear toughened glass is made by heating and cooling a piece of standard glass in a tempering furnace. The glass, which must be pre-cut and edged before being put into the tempering furnace, is heated to approximately 1200°F and then cooled rapidly.
This process is also known as quenching. The quenching process leaves the glass hardened so that it is now approximately 4 to 5 times stronger, and therefore more resistant to breakage, then it was before the tempering process. If it does break, clear toughened glass shatters in small pieces that are less likely to cause injury or damage than non-tempered glass.
The clear toughened glass fulfils all architectural needs - be it for glass roofing, glass windows, greenhouses, balconies or canopies. It can also be applied in interior décor for glass shelves, furniture, shower doors and even balustrades.
Processing Technology Before Tempering
1.Edge processing method: polished edges, beveled edges, chamfered edges or grinding edges
1.Safety performance: tempered glass will appear hurtless obtuse angles when breakage.
2. Strength performance: Four times more than ordinary glass.
3. Heat stability performance: Three times more than ordinary glass, could bear the temperature change about 200°C.
4. Tempered glass has a very good performance of anti-curve, anti-impact intensity.
GB----15763.2, Chinese standard.
CE----EN 12150-2:2004 European standard.
1. Delivery on time.
2. Considerable after-sale service.
3. OEM Service/Customer design is welcome.
4. Sample time is about 3-7 days.
5. Size and thickness can be as requirements in commonly, that is flexible.
6. Pass the international Certificate, CE, EN12150, ISO9001:2008, CCC, SGS, GB.